The Morris Chapel Transition Team met to provide guidance for the next steps here at our Church. Here are the details:
We will continue to utilize masking and physical distancing protocols following CDC, UMC, State and Local guidelines. These guidelines are expected to be followed in all capacities worship, Sunday school, youth, children, scouts, small groups, meetings, reservations, etc. These continue to be used in order to protect each other.
1. In-Person Worship will begin again effective March 21, 2021, including all three worship services. 8:45am and 11am services will be held in the sanctuary and 9am Crossroads service in the Family Life Center. We will be adhering to the same guidelines we were using in December.
2. In-Person Sunday School for MCKIDS, MOCHAP Youth and adults may begin again effective March 21, 2021 at 10am. Sunday School classes are asked to adhere to the “room capacity” guidelines printed on each classroom door. If attendance exceeds the capacity, other spaces in the church can be located or your Sunday school class may have to meet at another time or day, please reserve a space with Amy Whicker.
3. Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts may resume meeting after April 4, 2021.
4. MC KIDS and MOCHAP Youth may resume meeting after April 4, 2021.
5. All other programming, reservations, kitchen use, etc. may resume meeting after April 4, 2021.
The Transition Team is aware that we are not back to “normal” yet for everything, but we have hope that one day we will get there. The Transition Team will continue to meet as we go into this calendar year and provide updates to our protocols, as well as re-evaluating the loosening of restrictions as time goes on and the pandemic subsides. Thank you for your prayers for our team and for our Staff as well as your patience.
* Online services will be available for viewing at 9:00A.M. each Sunday via Facebook & YouTube.
* * Nursery and Children’s Church update during worship services: We are doing a staggered opening approach to the nursery and children’s church. The nursery room itself will be open and parents are more than welcome to use and watch the service from that room if they need to. At this time the nursery will not have a nursery worker in the room until the volunteer base can be built back. Children’s church for 9 and 11am services is also on a staggered opening plan and will resume at a later date. If you have any questions, please contact Samantha.
The Transition Team
The online worship service will begin at
9:00 A.M. each Sunday.
Please join us by viewing these services in one of two ways:
1) Morris Chapel YouTube Channel
2) Morris Chapel Facebook Home Page
(Note: Occasionally, there are minor lag times in the Facebook feed)
Please click on the picture links below to view our service.