The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the building and facilities at Morris Chapel United Methodist Church to ensure that the campus is fully functional for the worship services and daily activities within the church.
This position is new and will most likely evolve and change as work progresses. Pay will be between $13-$15 per hour based on experience and will require approximately 10-20 hours per week. Church contact will be the Property & Facilities Committee. Instructions and training of system will be provided.
Related Experience Preferred:
- Physically able to perform maintenance responsibilities
- Physically able to lift needed materials
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pick up needed supplies
- Have own transportation
- Criminal background check required
- High School Education
- Speaks English
• Resolve minor plumbing issues (liquid plumber, Clorox in floor drains, etc.)
• Scheduling of annual preventative maintenance and monitor techs while on property
• Manage and schedule all repairs
• Communicate with church office and Weekday Ministry about jobs and workers on site
• Hang signs, boards, pictures, shelves, cabinets, temporary posters/flyers and minor repairs (interior and exterior)
• Minor painting (interior and exterior)
• Gutter and roof drain cleaning and pressure washing as needed (mainly parsonage). May need to coordinate and hire outside contractors with proper equipment for pressure washing.
• Spot carpet cleaning
• Steam clean tile twice a year
• Change light bulbs
• Change filters on AC/heating units and clean vents and returns
• Monitor weekly and change ceiling tiles in FLC (will require a helper to operate man lift)
• Dispose of large trash items
• Handle minor pest issues and call for service when needed
• Clean sidewalks and breezeways as needed
• Clean sidewalks and steps of ice or snow and recruit help when needed
• Basic understanding of sprinkler system and be able to bypass or silence alarm for any maintenance work
• Bus cleaning as needed
• Other tasks as requested by the Pastor and/or the Property & Facilities Committee
Please contact Lisa Meredith at (336) 618-1121 or Tracy Vogler at (336) 250-6080 to apply or with any questions.