July 24, 2020
Morris Chapel Weekday Ministries is pleased to announce that we will open our after-school (Virtual Learning) program August 17, 2020.
Here are some important details:
- Hours of operation: 7:30 am until 6:00 pm
- Cost is $150 per week
- We will do temperature checks and health screenings at drop off. Any student with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to stay.
- This program will be held in the fellowship hall, drop off and pick up will be there as well. There is a large amount of room that will allow physical distancing while maintaining social interaction.
- This program for the first 9 weeks is mainly for virtual learning. Students will need to bring all necessary items (electronic device, charger, headphones, all school supplies needed to complete assignments)
- We will offer as much assistance with schoolwork as possible but will not be responsible for ensuring completion or accuracy of work. Parents will be responsible for communicating with staff daily about what each child needs to work on and follow up as you have been since March with your student.
- Each staff member and student will be required to wear a mask. We are following the American Academy of Pediatrics and CDC guidelines.
- We will provide morning and afternoon snack; students need to bring their own lunch and water bottle.
- There will be outside time and other planned activities interspersed throughout the day.
- We have strict procedures in place to ensure that all items are cleaned and sanitized daily. Safety of our students and staff are of the utmost importance.
- We will monitor the health of the students during the day and notify parents immediately if a student starts to feel unwell. If symptoms present your student will be isolated and pickup must occur immediately. Student safety is of primary importance.